|Charles Dickens. (18121870). David Copperfield.|
|The Harvard Classics Shelf of Fiction. 1917.|
|List of Characters|
- RICHARD BABLEY (Mr. Dick), simple-minded protégé of Betsey Trotwood.
- BARKIS, stage-driver, who is willin.
- CHILLIP, medical practitioner.
- MRS. CLARA COPPERFIELD, afterward Mrs. Murdstone.
- DAVID COPPERFIELD, her son, the supposed narrator of this History.
- MRS. DORA COPPERFIELD, née Spenlow, his first wife.
- MRS. AGNES COPPERFIELD, née Wickfield, his second wife.
- CREAKLE, schoolmaster at Salem House.
- MRS. CREAKLE, his wife.
- MISS CREAKLE, his daughter.
- MRS. CRUPP, landlady to Copperfield in London.
- ROSA DARTLE, companion to Mrs. Steerforth.
- MR. DICK, see Richard Babley.
- LITTLE EMLY, niece to Peggotty.
- MARTHA ENDELL, an abandoned woman.
- MRS. GUMMIDGE, a widowed inmate of Peggottys home.
- URIAH HEEP, clerk and partner of Wickfield.
- MRS. HEEP, his umble mother.
- JANET, maid to Betsey Trotwood.
- JORAM, of Omer and Joram, undertakers.
- MRS. MINNIE JORAM, his wife.
- JORKINS, of Spenlow and Jorkins, attorneys.
- LITTIMER, valet to Steerforth.
- JACK MALDON, cousin to Mrs. Strong.
- MRS. MARKLEHAM, the Old Soldier, mother to Mrs. Strong.
- MELL, teacher at Creakles school.
- WILKINS MICAWBER, one who waits for something to turn up.
- MRS. EMMA MICAWBER, his sanguine wife.
- EMMA MICAWBER, his daughter.
- WILKINS MICAWBER, JR., his son.
- The Micawber Twins and Baby.
- JULIA MILLS, friend to Dora Spenlow.
- MISS MOWCHER, a dwarf, hairdresser.
- EDWARD MURDSTONE, wine-dealer, stepfather to David Copperfield.
- MRS. MURDSTONE, his wife, formerly Mrs. Clara Copperfield.
- JANE MURDSTONE, his sister.
- OMER, of Omer and Joram, undertakers.
- CLARA PEGGOTTY, nurse to David Copperfield, and afterwards Mrs. Barkis.
- DAN PEGGOTTY, her brother, a fisherman.
- HAM PEGGOTTY, their nephew.
|QUINION, manager for Murdstone and Grinby, wine-dealers.SHARP, head-master at Creakles school.FRANCIS SPENLOW, of Spenlow and Jorkins, attorneys.MISS DORA SPENLOW, his daughter, afterwards Mrs. Copperfield.CLARISSA SPENLOW, aunt to Dora Spenlow.LAVINIA SPENLOW, aunt to Dora Spenlow.MRS. STEERFORTH, mother to James Steerforth.JAMES STEERFORTH, schoolmate of David Copperfield.DOCTOR STRONG, schoolmaster at Dover.MRS. ANNIE STRONG, his wife.TIFFEY, clerk in office of Spenlow and Jorkins.THOMAS TRADDLES, schoolmate of David Copperfield.MRS. SOPHY TRADDLES, née Crewler, his wife.BETSEY TROTWOOD, great-aunt to David Copperfield.TUNGAY, one-legged guard at Creakles school.WICKFIELD, attorney at Dover.AGNES WICKFIELD, his daughter, afterwards Mrs. Copperfield.Captain Hopkins, and family; Miss Shepherd, Miss Larkins, Chestle, Clickett, Passnidge, Markham, Grainger, the Misses Crewler, landlords, waiters, and seamen.|| 1|