|Mawson, C.O.S., ed. (18701938). Rogets International Thesaurus. 1922.|
|Class VI. Words Relating to the Sentient and Moral Powers|
|Section V. Religious Affections|
| 2. Religious Doctrines|
| || |
|NOUN:||ORTHODOXY; strictness, soundness, religious truth, true faith; truth [See Truth]; soundness of doctrine.|
Christianity, Christianism; Catholicism, Catholicity; the faith once delivered to the saints; hyperorthodoxy [See Heterodoxy].
THE CHURCH, Holy Church, Church Militant, Church Triumphant; Catholic -, Universal -, Apostolic -, Established- Church; the Bride of the Lamb; temple of the Holy Ghost; Church -, body -, members -, disciples -, followers- of Christ; Christians.
true believer; textualist, textuary; canonist (theologian) [See Theology]; the Orthodox; Christian community; Christendom, collective body of Christians.
CANONS (belief) [See Belief]; thirty-nine articles; Apostles -, Nicene -, Athanasian- Creed; Church Catechism.
| || |
|ADJECTIVE:||ORTHODOX, sound, strict, faithful, catholic, schismless, Christian, evangelical, scriptural, literal, divine, mono theistic, theistic; true [See Truth]; true blue.|
| || |
- Of the true faith.
- Ever the fiery Pentecost Girds with one flame the countless host.Emerson
- Odinism was valor; Christianism was humility, another kind of valor.Carlyle
- Prove their doctrine orthodox By apostolic blows and knocks.Butler
- Orthodoxy is my doxy; heterodoxy another mans doxy.Warburton
- Orthodoxy is the Bourbon of the world of thought; it learns not, neither can it forget.Huxley
- The Church
the world-tree of the nations for so long!Carlyle