72. O 'Brien E, Sheridan J, O 'Malley K. Dippers & non-dippers. Lancet 1998; 88: II: 397.
73. Fagard RH, Staessen JA, Thijs L. Optimal definition of day-time & night-time BP. Blood Press Monit 1997; 2: 315-21.
74. Kario K, Matsuo T, Kobayashi H et ., al. Nocturnal fall of BP & silent CV damage in elderly hypertensive patients. Advanced silent CV damage in extreme dippers. Hypertension 1996; 27: 130-5.
75. Fumo M, Teeger S, Lang R et., al. Diurnal BP variation & cardiac mass in American blacks, whites & South-African blacks. Am J Hypertens 1992; 5: 111-6.
76. O 'Brien E, Atkins A, Staessen J. Are over-night dip & target organ damage related? A clinical perspective. Blood Press Monit 1996; 1(suppl 1): S41-6.
77. Boley E, Pickering TG,…show more content… Results from the PAMELA Study. Hypertension 2002, 39: 710-4.
87. O 'Brien E, Cox JP, O 'Malley K. Editorial review, ambulatory pressure measurement in the evaluation of blood pressure lowering drugs. J Hypertens 1989; 7: 243-7.
88. Coats AJS, Radaelli A, Clark SJ et., al. The influence of ABPM. The design & interpretation of trials in hypertension. J Hypertens 1992; 10: 385-91.
89. White W. Utilising ABP recordings to evaluate anti-hypertensive drug therapy. Am J Cardiol 1992; 69: 8E-12E.
90. Mancia G, Omboni S, Parati G. Assessment of anti-hypertensive treatment by ABP. J Hypertens 1997, 15 (Suppl.2): 543-50.
91. O’Brien E, Parati G, Stergiou G, et., al. ESH Working Group on BP Monitoring. ESH position paper on ABPM. J Hypertens.2013;31:1731–1767.
92. Brien E, Gianfranco P, George S. ABP Measurement. What Is the International Consensus? Hypertension.2013; 62: 988-994.
93. NICE. Hypertension. The clinical management of primary hypertension in adults. Clinical Guidelines 127.2011. www.nice.org.uk/guidance/CG127. Assessed August 20, 2013.
94. Mancia G, et., al.2013 ESH/ESC Guidelines for the management of arterial hypertension. The Task Force for the management of arterial hypertension of ESH & of ESC. J Hypertens.2013;31:1281–1357.
95. O’Brien E. The value of 24 h BP monitoring to assess the efficacy of anti-hypertensive drug treatment. Hot Topics in Hypertens 2011; 4:7–23.
96. O’Brien E. Why ABPM should be mandatory in all