A Personalised Induction Will Always Be More Effective

1804 Words Jul 17th, 2013 8 Pages
"A Personalised Induction Will Always Be More Effective"

When a client goes to see a hypnotherapist for a session it is an essential key to find out clues about them, to see what are there likes and dislikes and how they process. A hypnotherapist will usually in the first session try to get to know the client by having a general chat so that they can use an induction in the PMR which will be suitable for the client and make the experience more enjoyable. Clients should know that hypnothercapy is not a therapy but a process where a therapy can be effectively delivered.

Humans are unique and have very different value systems. Value systems
…show more content…
Additional modalties are olfactory, digital and gustatory. Olfactory is all about smell, gustatory is people that are use taste and finally digital is people who mostly think in language and symbols. These modalties are often secondary modalties but they can be a very strong influence.

Using modality is one way of personalising the screeds to achieve a deep hypnotic state in a person. Another way of personalising the screeds is to either put it in a permissive or an authoritarian style. The permissive style is open but it provides the client with control so they know they are safe in the hypnotic state. Words and phrases that are used in this style are such like: may, could, might. This style is not designed to be bossy and gives the client a choice to explore when in a deep state of trance. Because of this, the screeds can be more imaginative and it suits a client who feels they can have a wild imagination so it makes the hypnotherapy session more enjoyable.

It has been stated that when we communicate with people only 7% percent of the communication is made up from the words in which we speak and the remaining 93% is made up from tone and volume of the words (38%) and our body language (55%). Although commonly quoted these figures are in fact quoted out of context from the original two limited experiments undertaken by Albert Mehrabian et al in 1967. If this were so then we