-- ASSIGNMENT 1
INTRODUCTION AND ESSAY PLAN
ESSAY TOPIC: In response to concerns about obesity and weight-related health issues, there are a number of approaches to weight loss on offer. Compare and contrast a more traditional approach to weight loss, such as a healthy diet and exercise, with a surgical procedure used for the purposes of losing weight. Which is more effective in achieving and maintaining a healthy weight?
Thesis statement: This essay will focus on comparing and contrasting whether a traditional method to weight loss or a surgical approach such as bariatric surgery is better for human health and suggest that ,considering the long term health condition,the traditional approach is more beneficial .
BODY…show more content…
Poor development of main ideas.
-A weak thesis or thesis omitted.
-No preview or preview of main points unclear.
-Shows little to no essay coherence or paragraph cohesion.
-Formatting exhibits little to no accuracy and appropriateness. Contains sufficient formatting errors.
- little or no following of essay plan advice
-Essay is longer or shorter than recommended l ength (more than 10%).
Grammar and Vocabulary
-Demonstrates an excellent understanding and control of academic register.
- Shows excellent grammatical range and accuracy.
-Utilises appropriate punctuation and capitalisation.
-Appropriate and accurate vocabulary with correct spelling.
-Competently followed all essay plan advice.
-Exhibits an understanding and sufficient use of academic register.
-Shows a reasonable grammatical range with minor errors, but meaning is clear.
-Generally utilises punctuation and capitalisation effectively.
- Some minor errors or limitations in the choice of vocabulary and occasional spelling errors, but meaning is clear.
-Followed advice with limited success.
- Exhibits little to no control or understanding of academic register.
- Shows serious and recurring errors in grammar that interfere with reader understanding.
- Little use of appropriate punctuation and capitalisation.
- Significant errors in vocabulary and frequent spelling errors, which interfere with reader understanding.
- little or no following of essay plan advice.
-Shows excellent choice