PRINCPLES of MARKITING Winter 2012
1. A lifestyle center is a? D
A) pedestrian center B) psychographic centric segment C) family centric segment D) shopping center E) upscale center segment
2. Industries often have an established company that is a price leader. When competitors “meet” the leader’s price, the competitor is pursuing a ______?_____ strategy? B
A) price war B) pull C) maximization D) status quo E) elasticity
3. All of the following statements about branding are true except? C
A) Branding facilitates buying. B) Branding may provide psychological …show more content…
A) trade sales promotion. B) quantity discount. C) cash discount. D) discriminatory pricing. E) price lining.
10. Advertising, Public Relations, Sales Promotions, and Personal Selling are best called the? C
A) marketing mix B) retailing mix C) promotion mix D) selling mix E) None of the above
11. What do each of the AIDA letters mean?
Attention, Interest, Desire, Action
12. A media schedule used in the later stages of a product’s life cycle, that focuses on reminding buyers of such products as Ivory soap or Chamin toilet tissue, is best called? B
A) continuous media schedule B) flighting media schedule C) pulsing media schedule D) seasonal media schedule E) frequency media schedule
13. Define or give an example of a cash cow.
A business or product which generates a steady, dependable flow of cash. Typically, such business units often have large shares of markets which offer little opportunity for growth and little incentive for continued investment in marketing or product development.
14. A firm choosing to charge a high price during the introductory stage will likely find which result? A
Ac505 Practice Final2668 Words | 11 Pages
materials $1,600,000 Direct labor 1,400,000 Factory overhead 600,000 $ 900,000 Selling expenses 240,000 360,000 Administrative expenses 60,000 140,000 Total $3,900,000 $1,400,000 aaaaaaaa aaaaaaaa What would be the amount of sales dollars at the break-even point? A) $2,250,000 B) $3,500,000 C) $4,000,000 D) $5,300,000 9. The following information pertains to Rica Company: Sales (50,000…
Tim Hortons' Organizatinal Structure Essay2876 Words | 12 Pages
Tim Hortons' and Organizational Structure Names: Javier Flores Noor Alawaid Noor AAAAAAAA Maggie Khouri Andrea Moulisova Class: MGMT 2384, Lab G TA: Felecia Thomas Date: March 25th, 2009 Introduction It is hard to find a resident in Canada who would not know where to find a Tim Horton’s fast food restaurant. Tourists visiting Canada who don’t have a Tim Horton’s in their country visit this restaurant and become familiar with the valued beverages and specialty dishes that so many…
Essay We Should NOT Increase the Minimum Wage1754 Words | 8 Pages
Premier. Web. 10 Nov. 2013. Hightower, Jim. "Nine Bucks Won't Cut It." Progressive 77.4 (2013): 46. Academic Search AbceficiPremier. Web. 10 Nov. 2013. KINSLEY, MICHAEL. "Walmart Can Solve The Inequality Problem." New Republic 244.17 aaaaaaaa(2013): 12-14. Academic Search Premier. Web. 10 Nov. 2013. "Raising The Minimum Wage: The Renewed Debate Over Fair Labor Standards." Congressional aaaaaaaDigest 92.5 (2013): 1. Academic Search Premier. Web. 5 Nov. 2013.…