• 1. Tutorial Allocation
– Once classes are full no more will be admitted
– No new classes will be scheduled
– Staff-assisted changes
• Will be allowed for exceptional circumstances only; and only where the class is not already at maximum size
• 2. Student email address
• used for course announcements including offer of supplementary
final…show more content… • (Framework for Assurance Engagements para 21)
• Absolute assurance can never be provided because of:
– The nature of accounting:
• Valuation issues,
• Accounting policy choice and judgments,
• Contingent items,
– Time and cost of evidence collection and evaluation. Reasonable Assurance
• Reasonable assurance is a high but not absolute level of assurance
• The conclusion is expressed in a positive form
– The financial statements are true and fair.
• An audit engagement provides a reasonable level of assurance.
• The opinion is expressed in an audit report.
• Limited assurance is a lower level of assurance than reasonable assurance.
– The actual level of assurance depends upon the nature of the procedures that are carried out.
• The conclusion is expressed in a negative form
– Nothing has come to our attention to suggest that the financial statements are not true and fair.
• A review engagement provides a limited level of assurance. Auditing
• The American Accounting Association (AAA) has defined auditing as:
– A systematic process of objectively