DEVELOPMENT & EVALUATION OF FAST DISINTEGRATING FILMS AND TABLETS OF VALSARTAN
G.Sandhyarani 1,M.Madhuri 2
1,2 vaageswari college of pharmacy,Karimnager
Orodispersible dosage forms are used for accurate dosing, enhanced bioavailability, rapid action, patient compliance, easy of administration, enhanced palatability. Valsartan is a specific and selective type-1 angiotensin II receptor antagonist which blocks the blood pressure increasing effects angiotensin II via the renin-angiotensin-aldosterone system. Valsaratan orodispersible films are prepared using all polymers HPMC E3,HPMC E15,HPMC 5cps,HPMC 15cps,HPMC 50cps, HPMC 50cps+CP in 39.68 mg., 59.52 mg quantity…show more content… • With a view to enhance the patient compliance and provide quick onset of action.
Oral disintegrating tablets and Films of Valsartan were designed
• The objectives of ODF & ODT of Valsartan are:
• To prepare oral disintegrating tablets of Valsartan by direct compression technique & oral disintegrating films by solvent casting method in order to achieve rapid disintegration time.
• To evaluate the Valsartan formulations by invitro and invivo taste evaluation methods and select the best formulation among them.
PLAN OF WORK
• Selection and optimization of film forming polymers to formulate Valsartan ODFs by solvent casting method.
• Selection and optimization of superdisintegrants to formulate Valsartan ODTs by direct compression method.
• To evaluate these Valsartan formulations by invitro methods and to select the best formulation among them.
• Invivo evaluation of taste, mouth feel and disintegration time of optimized Valsartan…show more content… Naruka. Formulation and Evaluation of Fast dissolving Tablets of Valsartan. International Journal of pharmaceutical Sciences, Vol 1. Issue 1. July-Sept 2009
• Choudhary DR, patel VA , kundawala AJ, Formulation and evaluation of quick dissolving Film of levocetirizine dihydrochloride , Int J Pharma Tech ,2011;3 (1) :1740-1749
• Saini S , NandaA ., Dhari J., Formulation, development & evaluation of oral fast dissolving anti-allergic film of levocetrizine dihydrochloride , J. Pharm. Sci. & Res., 2011;3(7):1322-1325
• Raju S., Reddy P., Kumar V., flash release oral films of metoclopramide hydrochloride for pediatric use: formulation and in-vitro evaluation, j. Chem. Pharm. Res., 2011;3(4):636-646
• Patil SB.,Shahi SR., Formulation and evaluation of quick dispersible tablet of Olanzapine , Int J Pharma . Res.Dev.,2009; 7(!),30-34
• Mishra R and Amin A., Formulation and Characterization of Rapidly Dissolving Films of Cetirizine hydrochloride using Pullulan as a Film Forming Agent ,Ind J Pharm Edu Res, 2011; 45(1) :75-76
• Dixit RP.,Puthli SP., Oral strip technology: Overview and future potential , J of Cont Release 2009 ;139: