Assignment: Quiz Res 341

1737 Words Jun 22nd, 2011 7 Pages
CHAPTER 3 ASSIGNMENT
DESCRIBING DATA: NUMERICAL MEASURES
Part I Select the correct answer and write the appropriate letter in the space provided. c 1. The arithmetic mean is computed by a. finding the value that occurs most often. b. finding the middle observation and dividing by 2. c. summing the values and dividing by the number of values. d. selecting the value in the middle of the data set.

c 2. To compute the arithmetic mean at least the a. nominal level of measurement is required. b. ordinal level of measurement is required. c. interval level of measurement is required. d. ratio level of measurement is required.

d 3. The value that occurs most often in a set of data is called
…show more content…
b. an event. c. a probability. d. an outcome.

__a____ 5. An event is the collection of one or more a. outcomes. b. combinations. c. probabilities. d. experiments.

__a____ 6. If A and B are mutually exclusive events then P(A or B) equals a. P(A) + P(B)  P(A and B) b. P(A)  P(B) c. P(A) + P(B) d. P(A|B) + P(B|A)

__c____ 7. If A and B are independent events, then P(A and B)) equals a. P(A) + P(B|A). b. P(A)  P(B). c. P(A) + P(B). d. P(A|B) + P(B|A).

__b____ 8. Which formula represents the probability of the complement of event A? a. 1 + P(A) b. 1  P(A) c. P(A) d. P(A) 1

__d____ 9. The simultaneous occurrence of two events is called a. prior probability b. subjective probability c. conditional probability d. joint probability

_a_____ 10. If the probability of an event is 0.3, that means a. the event has a 70% chance of not occurring. b. the complement of the event has a 30% chance of occurring. c. the event has a 30% chance of not occurring. d. the complement of the event has a 70% chance of not occurring.

CHAPTER 6 ASSIGNMENT
DISCRETE PROBABILITY DISTRIBUTIONS
Part I Select the correct answer and write the appropriate letter in the space provided.
__b____ 1. A listing of all possible outcomes of an experiment and the corresponding probability is called: a. a random variable. b. a probability distribution. c. the normal rule. d. the complement rule.

___b___ 2. A probability distribution that can…

More about Assignment: Quiz Res 341