Name: Sandra R. Gibson
Student I.D.: 0405713
TABLE OF CONTENTS
I. INTRODUCTION PAGE 1
II. AUTHORSHIP OF THE BIBLE PAGE 2 - 9
III. THE BIBLE PAGE 10 - 18
IV. AUTHORSHIP OF THE QURAN PAGE 19
V. THE QURAN PAGE 20 - 23
VI. THE BIBLE COMPARED TO QURAN PAGE 24-28
VII. FIVE PILLARS OF ISLAM COMPARED TO THE TEN PAGE 29-34 COMMANDMENTS
VIII. COMPARING THE LIFE OF TWO AFRO-AMERICANS (1) MALCOM X - ISLAMIC…show more content… History of Judah only.
(THE NEXT 3 BOOKS DEAL WITH ISRAEL'S RESTORATION)
10. EZRA - Cyrus let most of the Jews return to their land of Israel. Zerubbabel led the people (539 B.C.). Ezra returned later with more Jews (458 B.C.) built the temple. 11. NEHEMIAH - Building the walls of Jerusalem. Nehemiah got permission from the King of Persia to rebuild the walls (444 B.C.). Revival in the land.
12. ESTHER - Took place during chapters 6 and 7 of Ezra. Mordecai. Plot to kill the Jewish people.
C. POETICAL - 5 BOOKS
1. JOB - A righteous man tested by God. Deals with God's sovereignty.
2. PSALMS - Consists of 5 divisions. Worship in song. Large variety of subjects.
3. PROVERBS - Practical wisdom in everyday affairs.
4. ECCLESIASTES - All is vanity. The wisdom of man is futility.
5. SONG OF SOLOMON - A song between Solomon and his Shulammite bride, displaying the love between a man and a woman.
D. PROPHETICAL - 17 BOOKS
(MAJOR PROPHETS - 5 BOOKS)
1. ISAIAH - Looks at the sin of Juddah and proclaims God's judgement.
2. JEREMIAH - Called by God to proclaim the news of judgement to Judah, which came. God establishes a new covenant.
3. LAMENTATIONS - 5 lament poems. Description of defeat and fall of Jerusalem
4. EZEKIEL - He ministered to the Jews in captivity in Babylon. Description of the end of times.
5. DANIEL - Many visions of the future for the Gentiles and the Jews.