Bus 405 Wk 6 Quiz 5 Chapter 7 - All Possible Questions
1310 Words6 Pages
BUS 405 WK 6 Quiz 5 Chapter 7 - All Possible Questions
To Purchase Click Link Below: http://strtutorials.com/BUS-405-WK-6-Quiz-5-Chapter-7-All-Possible-Questions-BUS4055.htm BUS 405 WK 6 Quiz 5 Chapter 7 - All Possible Questions TRUE/FALSE
1. The majority of private sector union contracts do not contain a cost-of-living adjustment (COLA) clause.
2. The majority of private sector employees participate in a profit sharing plan.
3. Most unions consider gain sharing plans as an adequate substitute for traditional negotiated hourly wage gains.
4. The global economy of today has made it easier for employers to pass labor cost increases on to consumers by raising product or service prices.
5. Skill-based pay sets the wage…show more content… Lump sum pay adjustments.
b. Cost-of-living adjustment.
c. Wage re-opener.
d. Open-ended contract.
e. Spillover effect.
8. All of the following are group incentive plans except:
b. Scanlon plan.
c. Piece rate plan.
d. Rucker plan.
e. All of these are group incentive plans
9. The labor relations term for a one-time payment made to adjust wages which does not affect an employee's hourly base wage rate is:
a. Holiday pay.
b. Wage re-opener.
c. Vacation pay.
d. Lump sum pay adjustment.
e. Spillover effect.
10. The Family and Medical Leave Act of 1993 covers private sector employers with:
a. 50 or more employees.
b. 25 or more employees.
c. 100 or more employees.
d. 500 or more employees.
e. 1,000 or more employees.
11. Federal legislation has been enacted to protect workers against wage discrimination (e.g., Equal Pay Act of 1963, Civil Rights Acts of 1964and 1991, and the Age Discrimination in Employment Act of 1967). These laws prohibit paying male employees more than female employees unless the wage difference is justified on the basis of:
b. skill, effort, responsibility.
d. working conditions
e. all of these
12. In a _________, firms make monetary payments to a specific group or groups of employees for