University of Phoenix Material
New Hire Communication Worksheet
Select a company you are familiar with. Imagine that you work for the HR department of the company. You are tasked to develop a message to orient new hires to the company culture, process, procedures, and general information.
Compose a message for new hires using the three-step process outlined in Ch. 5 of Business Communication.
Step 1: Prewriting
Review the AIM planning process in Ch. 5 of Business Communication including the “Chapter Takeaway for Creating Effective Messages.”
Analyze the situation described above by answering each of the following questions with 1 to 2 paragraphs:
1. Review the assignment directions above. What is the purpose of the message the HR…show more content… Please join us via a web and teleconference or in person, if you are in Phoniex. If you are unable to attend please email email@example.com. The new employee orientation will cover topics that may answer questions about getting started with our company. You will receive an email invitation with the link to Webex and the phone number to dial into the conference call.
Thank you for joining our team\
Step 3a: Revising
Copy and paste the message you drafted in Step 2 below. Proofread and edit the message using the “Track Changes” feature under the “Review” tab to show you are actively engaged in proofreading and revision.
Review Ch. 5 of Business Communication to learn more about revising messages before you start. Use the following questions as guidance when you proofread the message.
1. Does the message establish the credibility? Is there some supporting research you may use to deepen the credibility?
2. Is the message clear? Can your audience read the message without many questions?
3. Is the message concise? Have you eliminated unnecessary verbiage in the message?
4. Is the message easy to read? Have you used headings or bulleted lists to increase the clarity of your message?
Dear Mary Jo:
Congratulations on your verbal acceptance to join ABC Compang, as a Licenece Pratical Nurse.
Several topics were covered during the interview process, and I would like to