The statement about students reading on the superficial, surface level, and how they rarely reach that richer deeper meaning was very profound to me. The example of all the events that happen in the baseball game before each pitch was a great eye-opener to validate this point. Educators expect
3. You do NOT need to answer all of them—pick three that make the most sense to you. Your close reading will help you generate ideas for your essay.
3. Examine the cover of the novel. What images do you see? How do you think the images are connected to the story?
The purpose of this assignment is to give you an opportunity to apply some of the critical reading strategies you have evaluated.
Activity #1 (45 min): Answer the following questions about the textbook reading (just type in the box below the question:
In my opinion, the reason for this assignment is for the teacher to see where we are in our reading, and writing. Reading to me must happen when I am interested in something for example, a movie because I enjoy reading about the plots but everyone is different. Another example is a graphic novel, because you can understand the concept or plot a lot easier than you would do in a regular novel. In regular books, you have so many things going on and you aren’t able to understand what is happening then you end up getting the wrong idea. Writing is just about the same for example, I can’t write about something that I know nothing about or interested in. Therefore, I am writing this paper to show you my weaknesses and not my strengths because I
As you read this week’s textbook reading assignments, take notes in response to these questions and statements. This study guide will help you to prepare for your quiz.
5. What is not a part of your paper that you think might help a reader understand or appreciate it more? What did you not put in?
Describe how you think this debate engaged with the course readings. Do you think the debaters dealt with the substance of the readings? How could they have improved their use of the course readings while debating? As you answer these questions, be sure to describe the central thesis of each of the course readings and how the debate topic and arguments related to those theses. Excellent answers will directly quote the course readings. (15pts)
Perform a critical analysis of each reading using critical thinking techniques from this week’s readings.
C. Inferential Questions (“higher-order thinking” within the text). Construct a series of inferential questions (basic questions at the level of
2. Identify the author’s main idea(s). In other words, what is the main point the author is attempting to make about the book?
How do memory, symbol, and pattern affect the reading of literature? How does the recognition of patterns make it easier to read complicated literature? Discuss how your appreciation of your summer reading novel was enhanced by understanding symbol or pattern.
Thesis Statement: The collective power of Federal Communications Commission in media mass system maintains and establishes new implications.
1. Think of your past experience with reading and fictional analysis - what do you love about reading and debating a good story - what don 't you like - how do you think this class will hone your reading and thinking skills.