Lab 5 Assessment 4- Questions & Answers
Lab Assessment Questions & Answers
1. Define why change control management is relevant to security operations in an organization.
• Change control is a precision arrangement of managing every change made to a system. This is to ensure that no unneeded changes are done, that every change is documented, and that no service is disrupted unless absolutely necessary, and that all resources efficiently used.
2. What type of access control system uses security labels?
• A LBA C Label Base Access Control
3. Describe two options you would enable in a Windows Domain password policy.
• Password must meet complexity requirements • Minimum Password length…show more content… • Account Policies/Password Policies/ Enforce Password History. • Also in Account Policies/Password Policies/ Maximum Password Age. • Also in Account Policies/Password Policies/ Minimum Password Age. • Also in Account Policies/Password Policies/ Minimum Password Length. • Also in Account Policies/Password Policies/ Password Must Meet Complexity Requirements
7. What sources could you use as a source to perform the MBSA security state?
• You can direct the MBSA either to use the Microsoft Update Live Service, a Windows Server Update Services (WSUS) server, or an Offline catalogue as the missing security updates source instead.
8. What does WSUS stand for,
• The WSUS or Windows Server Update is a free management tool for patches, and available to all Administrators of Window’s Servers. The WSUS allows these administrators to authorize, publish & distribute updates throughout their networks.
and what does it do? • It is imperative that Administrators keep their Networks safe & Secure. Instead of each and every workstation manually connecting to Microsoft updates, Administrators can employ WSUS to download updates centrally to an internal server in their network. Once the WSUS authorizes them, they are deployed to their internal locations. Then, Reporting tools assist and keep the Administrators informed