Citizen Kane Questionnaire
View the movie CITIZEN KANE (1941) for discussion in class on week four and to submit week five. Be sure to view the film at least twice before workshop number four. Read the information in this syllabus about this movie. Research it online at http://www.filmsite.org/citi.html http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Citizen_Kane, http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0033467/, http://www.cinepad.com/reviews/kane.htm, etc. Then complete the following questionnaire
A. Literary Elements (Describe in one or two sentences)
1. Structure (storytelling format The storytelling format for this film was more of an investigation kind of way, searching for the meaning of the word rosebud. Flashbacks used throughout the…show more content…
Notable camera angles (low angle, high angle, etc.) A) There is an extremely low angle when the boy receives a gift. B) There is a low angle during one of the opera performances when the camera looks down at the singing coach sort of under the stage.
13. Notable Framing (two shot, three shot, four shot, foreground framing) A) There is a three shot frame when Kane is typing the review. B) The scene where in the background, through the window, a boy can be seen playing outside. C) There is foreground framing in the reflection shot from the window of Kane dancing.
14. Notable Framing (close-up) A) The scene when Kane says, “Rosebud” with an extreme close-up of his lips. B) At the end of the movie when camera zooms in on Kane’s childhood sled focusing in on “Rosebud”
15. Notable lenses (deep focus, fish eye) A) The scene with the boy playing in the snow, seen through the window while his mother signs documents has deep focus. B) The scene where Kane’s wife is laying in the chair, the meds on the table; seen up close and the focus remains clear to the bedroom door in the distance.
16. Notable Camera Movement (crane shots, hand-held, etc.) A) There is a crane shot; camera breaks through the sign and into the broken skylight into the El Rancho Nightclub B) Crane shot- Emily went to Susan’s home and going up the stairs into