Clinical Study Of Oral And Maxillofacial Surgery, Ragas Dental College And Hospital, Chennai
868 Words4 Pages
Materials and Methods
MATERIALS AND METHODS
This prospective clinical study was conducted in Department of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery, Ragas Dental College and Hospital, Chennai, from April 2014 to October 2016. 40 healthy patients requiring surgical extraction of impacted mandibular third molars and fulfilling inclusion criteria were included in the study out of which 23 were males and 17 were females. The nature and number of the diagnostic investigations required, the clinical procedure about to be performed, the duration of the treatment and the possible complications associated with impaction procedure were explained to the patient and an informed consent was obtained. The study was approved by the Institutional Review Board. Patients were divided randomly into two groups. (Group I- test group receiving submucosal tramadol, Group II –control group and each group contains 20 patients each.)
INCLUSION AND EXCLUSION CRITERIA
1. Healthy subjects of any sex, between 18-40 years of age
2. Impacted mandibular third molars with Class I, II or III and Position A, B or C, according to the Pell and Gregory classification on intra oral periapical radiograph.
3. Free of pericoronitis / infection at surgery before surgical removal of third molar.
4. Pederson difficulty index between 3 to 8.(table 2)
1. Use of analgesic or anti-inflammatory drugs 24 hours before treatment
2. History of seizure disorders, pregnancy, or