From: Pat Brown, CMA
Subject: Coast4life Cruises
Introduction: Coast4life Inc with the expected downturn situation due to recent terrorist attack on a cruise ship in 2012 and on airline industry would prepare to remain profitable by finding ways to cut cost or generate additional revenue. Target is to recommend the best among the four alternative suggested aiming at 16% after tax return and tax rate of 38%.
Identification of Issues and related alternatives:
• Debt to Equity Ratio of 1.23 more than 1 reveals that more than half of assets are financed by debt.
• $3.6 million required for repairs of hull before 2013.
• Gross profit of 60% has not increased much over past three years it will affect …show more content…
• Training required for unskilled workers to meet Coast4 life standards.
Alternative 4: Web-Based booking
• Savings on commissions to agents by 10%
• Advantages for customers to book online
• Helps in maintaining database for Customer behavior
• Incremental cash flow of 11 million in 2013 id web based booking increases (Appendix 5)
• Setup cost and software $50000 and accounting module of $25000.
• Maintenance of the web server
• Training cost required for staffs to get hands on Accounting Software
• Customer mix improvement should focus on targeting repeat customers and category between 40-60 that generates more revenue and profits
• Low cost crew from outside the country would alter service quality that contradicts the company mission and would affect customer loyalty
• We based booking help co focus on its core business and would offer an opportunity to restore
Coast4Life1502 Words | 7 Pages
MÉMO Objet : Analyse des enjeux stratégiques et recommandations À : Conseil d’administration de Coast4Life De : Pat Brown, CMA Date : 1er novembre 2010 INTRODUCTION Ce rapport présente une analyse des options qui s’offrent à Coast4Life ainsi que des recommandations afin d’aider l’entreprise à faire face à ses enjeux stratégiques. Une approche stratégique et systématique sera utilisée pour examiner la situation. ENJEUX STRATÉGIQUES (voir Annexe 1) 1. Continuer d’accroître…
Coast 4 Life Essay examples6909 Words | 28 Pages
assignment, which will be submitted to the website for marker assessment and feedback. An assessment rubric for this assignment is provided in Appendix 5. M1A1 – Coast4Life – Performance Management Required: Read the Coast4Life case in Appendix A. As Pat Brown, CMA, the newly hired controller, prepare a report to the board of Coast4Life that addresses the issues in the case. Be sure to clearly identify any uncertainties encountered and explain any assumptions made. This assignment covers the performance…
Essay about Investment and Cost Savings807 Words | 4 Pages
To: The Board of Directors of Coast4Life From: Pat Brown Re: Strategic issues and Recommendation Date: January 18, 2013 Please find the attached report addressing the key strategic issues, analysis and recommendation. Sincerely, Pat Brown Controller Introduction The purpose of this report is to address the key strategic issues facing Coast4Life with the expected downturn ahead. Included is a financial analysis, identification of major issues, analysis of alternatives and…
Coast4Life Essay667 Words | 3 Pages
To :Coast4life Inc From: Pat Brown, CMA Subject: Coast4life Cruises Introduction: Coast4life Inc with the expected downturn situation due to recent terrorist attack on a cruise ship in 2012 and on airline industry would prepare to remain profitable by finding ways to cut cost or generate additional revenue. Target is to recommend the best among the four alternative suggested aiming at 16% after tax return and tax rate of 38%. Identification of Issues and related alternatives:…