Coca-Cola Enterprises Inc. Essay

6292 Words26 Pages
Coca-Cola Enterprises Inc. INTRODUCTION The main aim of this Advanced VCE Business project is to produce a detailed report on a medium to large business including such things as descriptions of the businesses objectives, identifying the businesses type of ownership, explaining the work of the functional areas in the business etc. The business I have chosen is Coca Cola. This company is quite large but I have chosen it because I know that it is quite successful. The product that has given the world its best-known taste was born in Atlanta, Georgia, on May 8, 1886. Dr. John Stith Pemberton, a local pharmacist, produced the syrup for Coca-Cola®, and carried a jug of the new product down the street to Jacobs' Pharmacy,…show more content…
The corporate headquarters are in Atlanta but have local operation with over 200 other countries in the world. They hire over 5000 employees in the U.K alone with a total of 7 Coca Cola sites. They have six production lines in Edmonton where each line makes a different type and size of bottle using glass and plastic. 1 line on its own makes and amazing 30,000 plastic 500ml bottles of coke per year. Coca Cola moved to Europe in the 1990s and have made a great impact. They are a Private Limited company and TCCC only own 40% of the business where as the other 60% is owned by the employees. At the CCE bottling, packaging, distribution, marketing and sales, finance and customer service takes place. Coca Cola’s mission statement is: ‘The Coca Cola Company exists to benefit and refresh everyone who is touched by our business.’ METHODOLOGY For this project there are many resources that I can gain my information from. The main ones I shall be looking at will most likely be from Internet, the Library and obviously, the Company and or Company Reports. The Internet is a very large and (semi) reliable source for gaining information about many different things. It is also a place where nearly all medium\large business tends to keep certain information about their company such as mission statements, business
Open Document