Construction Of A Water Intake System For Service The Town Of Boone
1160 WordsDec 12, 20155 Pages
PA 5180 Final Exam
Using your book and notes, analyze the following case study as completely as you can. The best essay will include analyses using several frameworks and concepts from class or the readings. This exam is due Saturday, December 12th at 10:00PM.
The purpose of this paper is to analyze the case study involving the location and construction of a water intake system to service the Town of Boone. The overall analysis will consist of stakeholder, and network analyses. Additionally, the New River Advocates, Inc. group’s analysis of the case will be critiqued.
The central issue of this case stems from the Town of Boone’s desire to build a water intake facility on the South Fork of the New River, in close…show more content…
Stakeholders involved in this project include the following groups: Town Council for Boone, Watauga County Commissioners, Watauga County constituents, W.K. Dickson Engineering Firm, Ashe County Commissioners, Ashe County constituents, the New River Advocates, Inc. group, the Department of Environmental and Natural Resources (DENR) for the state of North Carolina, the Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA), and the United States Department of Agriculture (USDA). The Town Council of Boone is the central stakeholder seeking to manage other stakeholders to gain approval for the construction of the water intake system. A stakeholder analysis (Table 1) is depicted below.
Town of Boone Stakeholder Analysis- South Fork of the New River Water Intake Project
Low Keep Satisfied
• Appalachian State University
• USDA Manage Closely
• Watauga County Commissioners
• Ashe County Commissioners
• W.K. Dickson
• New River Advocates, Inc. Monitor (Minimum Effort)
• Citizens of Watauga County o Not in Todd or Boone
• Citizens of Ashe County o Not a land owner in affected area Keep Informed
• Citizens of Watauga County o Residents of Todd o Residents of Boone
• Citizens of Ashe County o Property owners in the proposed watershed area
• Landowners in proposed building site