Cttls Analyse Role of Initial Assesment Essay examples
1378 Words6 Pages
• Analyses the role of initial assessment in the learning and teaching process.
• Describe and Evaluate different methods of initial assessment for use with learners.
• Analyze ways in which sessions plans can be adapted to the individual needs of the learners.
• Identify and evaluate opportunities for learners to provide feedback to inform practice.
• Identify and liaise with appropriate and relevant parties to effectively meet the needs of the learners.
Analyze the role of initial assessment in the learning and teaching process.
The role of initial, assessment in the learning environment and teaching process is to identify different kinds of information from learners…show more content… It may be that some of your learners arrive late. You could plan a starter activity to allow time for this”. Timing often have to be adapted, as some learners finish activities earlier than others, rather than leaving learners with nothing to do whilst the other learners catch up, the teacher should ensure a few extension activities are planned. When facilitating a group discussion some learners contribute to learning more than the teacher anticipates, therefore the timings of the other activities that are planned have to be amended. Resources, alternative activities, location, handouts, varying delivery methods will maintain interest and will allow you to adapt for different groups of learners. Set homework if the task hasn't been completed in class.
Identify and evaluate the opportunities for learners to provide feedback to inform practice.
Learners should be given the opportunity to provide feedback throughout the course, this is necessary in order to evaluate teaching. Feedback from learners can be obtained informally as a group discussion or individually. Daines advises (2006:29) “People do expect feedback about what they are doing. Constructive feedback tells them that they are on the right lines, working to an appropriate standard and provides them with ideas on how to improve and develop. It is, motivating and confirms that what’s being