Customer Service and Holiday Retreat Essay

1242 Words5 Pages
Read the case study. Your assessor will request that you analyse the data and material presented to make recommendations for changing the customer service processes and culture.
Specifically, you are required to:
• identify Brad’s major customers
• prepare a customer service policy for Brad’s business
• prepare a standard for handling complaints
• prepare a work instruction for handling a complaint
• give an example of how you would change an element of the customer service system in response to the complaint about the quality of the meals
• outline how you would change the work culture in the kitchen
• outline how you would evaluate the customer service Brad’s Holiday Retreat gives in the future
• design a customer
…show more content…
They employ a full-time accountant, one full-time front office manager, one full time food and beverage manager, one full time chef, part-time front office staff, kitchen staff, waiters, cleaners and a contract gardener. Casual cleaners, waiters and kitchen hands are ‘on call’ to help cope when there are increased customer demands.
Rosemary helps out in the office and looks after the telephones and administration when the receptionist has a break or goes to lunch. All customer service issues are handled by Rosemary and she certainly gives feedback to everyone in the business, including Brad, if there are customer service issues to be resolved.
Customer base
Brad’s Holiday Retreat customer base is currently 60% domestic tourist and 40% international. The domestic side of business is equally divided between travel agent booking and online/telephone bookings. The international business is almost exclusively online/telephone bookings. Although the return is better, these customers are the most demanding. About 60% of revenue comes from room costs; the remaining 40% comes from meals (10%), drinks (15%) and tour operations (15%).
Customer satisfaction
‘Customer Satisfaction Guaranteed’ is on all of Brad’s advertising material and business cards, so Rosemary and Brad like to ensure that satisfaction is what the customer

More about Customer Service and Holiday Retreat Essay

Get Access