- Gary is telling the story.
- Gary calls the coach "arks" because he can’t say ask.
- Gary's team is called the goonyas.
- Gary lives on the coast of S.A. in a country town.
- Carol Cockatoo is 1st Ruck and Gary is 2nd Ruck.
- Gary was becoming very popular in the town as he was now the 1st Ruck for the grand final.
- Gary has 4 brothers (one Tim) and 3 sisters.
- Nickname: Blacky
- Gary is feared that he would be called a gutless wonder.
- Gary liked school.
- Arks were a real champion in his day.
- Coach Robertson has never won a grand final.
- Coach Robertson wife ran away and left him with the kids.
- Arks played a grade footy when he was 14.
- Arks is…show more content…
-Campers were people who were like visitors/tourist.
- The campers ask Gary & his friends about the place and what they have.
- Catherine is the camper’s kid.
- Some of the boys think of making a business of gents against Darcy.
- He is smitten by Cathy
- Gary had met Greggy.
- Gary talks about Maccas. How they talk about girls that got to college.
- Gary and his mates are talking about Cathy.
- His mates believe that Gary likes Cathy.
- Pickles were rich because he sold gents.
- The pub smelt like stale beer and cigarette smoke.
- The main people that went to the pub were: the old man, Mick, Slogs & Rocker.
- Pickles and Gary were at the pub.
- Farmers loved talking about fertilisers.
- Gary’s mum only went to the pub on New Years and got dressed up.
- Rocker was the best player at eight-balls.
- Rocker & his wife/missus were having problems.
- Big Mac always told the same joke that everyone knew.
- Mr Matt nearly taught everyone to swim.
- Dazza’s little brother didn’t like looking under the water.
- Arks nags about how the boys wear footy shorts.
- Gary wants to be really close to Cathy now.
- Mrs Matt teaches kids how to swim.
- All along the jetty the campers were fishing
- The campers who were fishing at the jetty talked about the way that Darcy’s gents are better than Pickles gents.
- Darcy really wasn’t interested in girls anymore.