Design For Pedestrian Transportation System At Gandhi Chawk,
1489 Words6 Pages
Design for pedestrian transportation system at Gandhi Chawk, Junagadh
Group ID:- 60782
A Project Report
Submitted in partial fulfillment of the requirement for the award of
Bachelor of Engineering
GUJARAT TECHNOLOGICAL UNIVERSITY (GUJARAT)
KARMUR HIREN B. 140833106005
BHUVA GOPAL M. 140833106015
RAM RAMESH K. 140833106020
Under the supervision of
Prof. M. J. GUNDALIA
Department of Civil Engineering
Dr. Subhash Technical campus, Junagadh
CHAPTER NO.1 INTRODUCTION
India is second biggest populated nation of the world. So Indian face extensive activity issues. Also, the most movement issues make at crossing point.…show more content… 1.2 Aim:
Aim of the our project is to provide better facility to pedestrian in existing structure and make traffic free roads with speeds transportation by provide pedestrian over bridge.
• To study about exiting pedestrian flow characteristics based on hourly volume variation and saturation flow.
• Provide pedestrian facility in existing structure.
• Avoid accidents.
• Make transportation Speedy.
• Provide signals and divert traffic with planning.
• Provide traffic distribution system which help to minimize problems specially for people to crossing the road.
1.4 Need of the pedestrian transportation system
Walking is a basic human activity and an integral part of day to day life yet it needs To have safe and comfortable pedestrian circulation it is necessary to go for development of pedestrian facilities like,
• Provide foot over bridge and footpaths to increase passenger capacity and safety.
• Safe facilities for walking and crossing the road should be provided that will be used maximum by all people.
• Pedestrian spaces should be designed in consideration of human convenience and have to be qualitatively suitable to the needs of human beings.