Efp1 Task 2

3362 Words Jan 5th, 2015 14 Pages
Improving Communication and
Diversity at Huzzah Valley

Kaitlynne Forbes

Western Governors University

A. Introduction/Abstract
Due to our ever changing culture and diversity, the United States has become commonly referred to as the “melting pot.” Every day this country is becoming more and more diverse and acceptant of other cultures. This is becoming more and more prominent in the workforce as well. Not only are people from all around the globe able find work in the United States, but women are also becoming more dominant in the workforce. Although there is still a lot of speculation as to whether or not women and men are getting equal treatment and pay, many women today are finding themselves suffering from little to no
…show more content…
As the time goes by, the workforce is becoming more and more diverse. This trend also reflects our company because we have developed a very strong background of Caucasian, African American, and Latino employees. As the years have progressed, we have become stronger as a company because of the cultural diversity of our staff.

Another demographic change we are seeing in the labor force today are changes in the men to women ratio. According to the United States Department of Labor, in 1970 women only made around 37% of the working population, leaving men to make up the additional 63% (Women in the Labor Force, 2012). By 2012, women accounted for 47% of the total working population. Although this may not seem like a large increase from 1970, women did account for more than half of all laborers within several of the industry sectors including; financial activities (53%), education and health services (75%), leisure and hospitality (51%), and other services (52%). However, when looking at jobs in the agricultural, construction, mining, manufacturing, and transportation and utilities fields, women are still significantly underrepresented. Over the years we have seen not only the percentage of women in the labor force grow, but the large pay gap between men and women has slowly began to close. As of 2012, women with full time jobs…

More about Efp1 Task 2