Electroencephalogramm Analysis

Decent Essays
“Call 911!” I heard my aunt yell. Those days, July 31st through August 2nd, 2014, were interesting days. My laws of life were displayed. They are faith and patience. That day was the day I found out I suffered from seizures. On July 31st around 12:30am my parents, siblings, cousins, and aunt were driving home from watching two movies at a drive-in-movie theater. We had met up with my other cousins, aunt, and uncle so we could all spend time together while my aunt and other cousins were in Ohio. I had just fallen asleep five minutes away from home when I started seizing. That is when I heard my aunt yell “Call 911!” and my mom yell to my dad who was driving to pull over. Within a few moments I had stopped seizing. I later found out my mom had…show more content…
My faith was displayed because I had to believe God was taking care of me and knew what was going on. He knew everything was going to be okay, and I trusted Him. He knew I was going to be okay while I went through EEG's, EEK's, and MRI’s. An EEG (electroencephalogram) is a test that measures and records the electrical activity of your brain. Special sensors are attached to your head and hooked by wires to a computer. The computer records your brain's electrical activity on the screen or on paper as wavy lines. An EEK is like an EEG but the wires are on your chest, back, and legs. An MRI (magnetic resonance imaging) scan is a test that produces very clear pictures, or images, of the human body without the use of X-rays. For someone with epilepsy, a scan may help determine the cause. While I was getting blood drawn and given medicine to keep me from having more seizures, He knew everything was going to be okay. My next law is patience. On that July day, my patience was pushed to the limit, when I had a seizure around 12:30 in the morning in the car, on the way back from a drive-in movie theater. I had one earlier at 4:30 that morning. Three days later, around 11:30 AM we still did not have results. We were told that we should have been able to leave by then. I would not have been a happy camper if I didn't have
Get Access