This is a multiple choice/short answer quiz and each item is worth 1.5 points for a total of 60 points. There is only one correct response for each numbered item, and you should use Schaefer (2012) to determine the best response. For multiple choice questions, type the letter of the correct answer next to the corresponding question number on the answer sheet. For short answer responses, type your answer next to the corresponding question number. Review your work prior to submission and make sure you have responded to all questions. Save your work and submit the Quiz Answer Sheet only to the Assignments Link.
1. ________ refers to the practice of immigrants sponsoring other immigrants who…show more content… a. conflict b. interactionist c. exchange d. functionalist
15. As a result of the 1996 Illegal Immigration Reform and Immigrant Responsibility Act a. immigrants whether legal or illegal do not have access to benefits programs. b. border control and surveillance were increased. c. illegal immigrants do not qualify for social services. d. b & c
16. Sinophobes are people with a. a tendency to stereotype ethnic minorities. b. a desire to expel racial minorities. c. a fear of anything associated with China. d. the desire to Christianize slaves.
17. Families in which one or more members is a citizen and one or more are noncitizens is known as a. combined-status b. compound-status c. varied-status d. mixed-status
18. Since World War II, the United States has granted refugee status as a group to Hungarians, Southeast Asians, and a. Cubans. b. Colombians. c. Canadians. d. Mexicans.
19. What is an asylee? a. Prospective immigrants attempting to enter the U.S. b. Anyone fleeing war or strife. c. People who have already entered the country and cannot return home due to persecution or fear of persecution. d. political prisoners.
20. Haitian refugees are returned to their country without asylum hearings