Evaluation And Evaluation Of The Cns Responsibilities And Competencies For St. Francis Hospital
1172 Words5 Pages
Was evident that there had to be more of a job description to delineate the job of a CNS, so I embarked to the nursing office, where I asked the Vice President of nursing if there was a more in depth job description of a CNS. Vice President of the facility was able to attain the job description for me and also stipulated that it is used to evaluate the CNS. The CNS responsibilities and competencies for St. Francis Hospital are as follows:
• Directs clinical practice to include expertise in advanced assessment, implementing nursing care, and evaluation outcomes. Provides direct and indirect to complex patients in collaboration with staff.
• Helps nurses integrate new evidence into practice by expert coaching, guidance and modeling clinical expertise. Emphasis is on mentoring and preceptor development of nurses. Provides support to day and night shift in response to professional development needs.
• Collaborates with the interdisciplinary team. Leads the interdisciplinary healthcare team to solve specific patient care problems to achieve hospital, department and unit goals.
• Serves as both an internal and external consultant in assigned nursing expertise. Consultation involves reviewing alternative approaches and implementing planned change.
• Uses nursing research involving the interpreting, evaluating evidence-based practice, and collaborating research. Conducts nursing research projects based on identified issues within the nursing department and participates in