Factors Affecting the Academic Performance of the Third Year Education Students in Saint Joseph College of Canlaon
6031 Words25 Pages
Introduction The extent of student’s learning in academics may be determined by the grades a student earns for a period of learning has been done. It is believed that a grade is a primary indicator of such learning. If a learner earns high grades it is concluded that they may also have learned a lot while low grades indicate lesser learning. However, many experiences and studies found out that there are also several factors that would account for the grades. No single factor can be definitely pointed out as predicting grades. It has been an interplay of so many factors – gender, daily allowance, social status, time and interest. In fact, almost all of existing environmental and personal factors are a variable of academic…show more content… 2010-2011 the study focused on the possible problems encountered by students the influence their values and attitudes toward their academic involvement.
Definition of Terms
• Factors- one that actively contributes to an accomplishments, results, or process
• Develop- to bring out the capabilities or possibilities of
• Study Habits- manner which you consistently use to study for school or college or even for the next day lesson.
• Students- describe as one who directs zeal at a subject. Student is used for anyone who is learning.
• Factors- these refers to anything that affects academic performance
• Develop- refers to fast or gradual changes in a range of time
• Study Habits- refers to the ways of studying on a particular subject
• SJCC Students- referring to all officially enrolled students of Saint Joseph College of Canlaon
Theoretical Framework The study is anchored on the Existentialism Theory where in human being is creator of his own essence; he creates his own values through freedom of choice. Education is the process of developing awareness about the freedom of