1. What are Harrah’s brand’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and threats?
- Strong and consistent revenue growth over the past years and reliable stock market performance allowing for Harrah’s to gain a leading market position.
- Harrah’s national presence with a network of 26 casino locations in all “traditional” and most of the new U.S. casino markets across 13 states, including land-based, dockside, riverboat, and Indian casino facilities.
- First-mover advantage: William Fisk Harrah was the first to industrialize gambling with the casino operation in Reno, NV dating back as far as 1937. Additionally, Harrah’s was among the first companies to set up facilities whenever the legal and regulatory…show more content… - Growth through acquisition or joint venture with existing casino operators inside or outside the U.S. market.
- Automate operational initiatives in order to be able to utilize customer information in real-time while the customer is at the facility, e.g. instant offers displayed for the customer at the slot machine while one is playing.
- Utilize Total Rewards program as platform to allow for a “cashless” infrastructure which enhances convenience as part of the service experience.
- Expansion of casino operations across other global markets such as Asia Pacific or Western Europe.
- Unfavorable reputation of gambling among sections of the U.S. population hindering social acceptance of gambling as entertainment.
- Intense competition given the restricted number of markets where gambling is a legalized entertainment option.
- A maturing U.S. gambling market is likely to induce a decline in overall growth rates in the future years.
- Increase of competition due to growth of already existing non-gambling entertainment options and / or emergence of new non-gambling entertainment options.
- Changes in the legal and regulatory environment of gambling may further limit market opportunities for casino operations.
- Intensification of competition as a result of competitors building newer and flashier properties.
- Development of customer relationship