IS305 Managing Risk in Information Systems PROJECT
Project: Risk Management Plan
This project provides an opportunity to apply the competencies gained in the units of this course to develop a risk management plan for a specific business problem related to an organization's identification of an outdated plan.
Required Source Information and Tools
The following tools and resources that will be needed to complete this project: Course textbook Internet access for research Defense Logistics Agency: www.dla.mil Project text sheet
Learning Objectives and Outcomes
You will gain an overall understanding of risk management, its importance, and critical…show more content…
Senior management at DLiS decided that the existing risk management plan for the organization is out of date, and that a new risk management plan must be developed. Because of the importance of risk management to the organization, senior management is committed to and supportive of the project to develop a new plan. You have been assigned to develop this new plan.
Project Part 1
Project Part 1 Task 1: Draft Risk Management Plan
For the first part of the assigned project, you must create an initial draft of the final risk management plan.
To do so, you must:
1. Develop and provide an introduction to the plan by explaining its purpose and importance.
2. Create an outline for the completed risk management plan.
3. Define the scope and boundaries of the plan.
4. Research and summarize compliance laws and regulations that pertain to the organization.
5. Identify the key roles and responsibilities of individuals and departments within the organization as they pertain to risk management.
6. Develop a proposed schedule for the risk management planning process.
7. Create a professional report detailing the information above as an initial draft of the risk management plan.
Copyright 2010 In Educational Services, Inc.
All Rights Reserved.
Change Date: 07/19/2010
IS305 Managing Risk in Information Systems
Write an initial draft of the risk management plan as detailed in the instructions above.