1. Which of the following statements accurately describe differences between a LAN and a WAN?
b. companies can use a Wan to connect remote locations, and a LAN can make a local connection in a building.
d. Only WANs require a CSU/DSU to be used on the ends of the cable
2. Network professionals belong to organizations that plan and define standards used in networking. Which of the following are recognized industry organizations?
3. Which of the following are true about router?
a. routers enable different IP networks or IP subnets to communicate with each other.
c. path selection is one of the main functions of a router.
e. routers have a central…show more content…
a. Frame relay
14. Which of the following are used in WAN's?
15. Which of the following describe the function of flash memory in a router?
a. Holds the Cisco IOS software image
c. Keeps its contents when a router is rebooted.
d. Can store multiple versions of Cisco IOS software.
16. Which of the following are true about out-of-band router management?
a. Can be performed using the console port with a rollover cable.
d. Can allow troubleshooting when a link is down.
e. Can be performed using a dialup connection.
17. Which of the following are true about the items shown in the following figure?
a. Item B contains serial interfaces.
b. Items C and D can be used for router management.
d. Item B can accept either DTE or DCE cables.
18. Which statement is true about a router?
b. NVRAM stores the startup configuration file, and RAM stores the running configuration.
1. Which type of cable is used in the connections marked in the following figure?
a. PC1 to R1: crossover
b. R1 to R2: back-to-back serial connection or DTE/DCE
c. R2 to SW2: straight-through cable
d. R2 to PC2: console or rollover cable
2. Router R1 has been used in a lab for the last several years. R1 connects to router R2 using a back-to-back serial connection, using its serial interface that does not have a built-in CSU/DSU. R1 also has a single Ethernet interface connected to a