Japan Essay

789 Words 4 Pages
Japan



Table of Contents
I. Geography
a.) Land
b.) Climate
c.) Vegetation
d.) Population and Culture
e.) Natural Resources and Land Usage

II. History
a.) Post WWII-Present
III. Economics
IV. Politics and Government
V. Military
VI. International Relations
VII. International Appeal


The island of Japan (145,826 sq. mi.) is located in the North Pacific Ocean. It is bounded by on the north by the Sea of Okhotsk, on the east by the Pacific Ocean, on the south by the Pacific Ocean and the East China Sea, and on the west by the Korea Strait and the Sea of Japan.

I. Geography

a.) Land
Japan is made up of four islands: Hokkaido, Kyushu, Honshu, and Shikoku. The Entire country is smaller than the state of Montana.
…show more content…
c.) Vegetation
Japan is home to more than 17,000 species of flowering and nonflowering plants. Trees in Japan are predominately conifers; the most common species is the sugi or Japanese cedar. Other evergreens such as the larch, spruce, and fir thrive there also. On Kyushu, Shikoku, and southern Honshu, subtropical trees like bamboo, camphor, and banyan are all prevalent.
d.) Population and Culture
Approximately 125,449,703 people currently live in Japan, making it one of the most population dense countries in the world. Seventy-eight percent of Japan's population reside in the large urban areas such as Tokyo, Osaka, and Kawasaki. Japan is ethnically 99% Japanese and the remaining 1% is comprised of Koreans, Chinese, and the Ainu, the aboriginal people of Japan. The major religions of the Japanese people are Shintoism and Buddhism. Japan is also a very appreciative and cultured country. Japan has a large, state-of-the-art library in virtually every major city. The University of Tokyo Library boasts more than 6.3 million volumes and increases by 200,000 volumes every year. Japan also has many modern galleries and museums, such as the Tokyo National Museum. The Japanese, who place high value on education, attend one of over 60 national universities or the countless other private institutions there. The Japanese also are lovers of all types of sports. Baseball, soccer, volleyball, tennis, and skiing are all secular favorites.
a.)…

More about Japan Essay