CLICK TO DOWNLOAD
MAT 540 WEEK 1 TO 11(Strayer)
MAT540 Week 1 Homework
Chapter 1, Problems 2, 4, 12, 14, 20, 22
2. The Retread Tire Company recaps tires. The fixed annual cost of the recapping operation is $60,000.The variable cost of recapping a tire is $9.The company charges $25 to recap a tire.
a. For an annual volume of 12,000 tires, determine the total cost, total revenue, and profit.
b. Determine the annual break-even volume for the Retread Tire Company operation.
4. Evergreen Fertilizer Company produces fertilizer. The company’s fixed monthly cost is $25,000, and its variable cost per pound of fertilizer is $0.15. Evergreen sells the fertilizer for $0.40 per pound. Determine the monthly break-even volume for the…show more content… What is the probability that a bag of fertilizer will weigh between 45 and 55 pounds?
28. The Polo Development Firm is building a shopping center. It has informed renters that their rental spaces will be ready for occupancy in 19 months. If the expected time until the shopping center is completed is estimated to be 14 months, with a standard deviation of 4 months, what is the probability that the renters will not be able to occupy in 19 months?
30. The manager of the local National Video Store sells videocassette recorders at discount prices. If the store does not have a video recorder in stock when a customer wants to buy one, it will lose the sale because the customer will purchase a recorder from one of the many local competitors. The problem is that the cost of renting warehouse space to keep enough recorders in inventory to meet all demand is excessively high. The manager has determined that if 90% of customer demand for recorders can be met, then the combined cost of lost sales and inventory will be minimized. The manager has estimated that monthly demand for recorders is normally distributed, with a mean of 180 recorders and a standard deviation of 60. Determine the number of recorders the manager should order each month to meet 90% of customer demand. MAT 540 Week 2 Homework
Complete the following problems from Chapter 12:
Problems 8, 16, 24, 32, 36
8. A local real estate investor in Orlando is considering three