Sample Multi Choice Question’s practice exam MGMT1001 – 1ST Semester 2014
1. Which of the following is true concerning the effectiveness of group decision making over individual decision making?
Group effectiveness is influenced by its size.
Groups are less creative than individuals.
Individuals are always outperformed by groups.
Individuals tend to be more accurate.
Groups are more accepting of the final decision.
2. Which of the following factors WOULD NOT influence an organisation to have a higher degree of centralisation?
a. Decisions are significant.
b. Company is large.
c. Organisation is facing a crisis.
d. Company is geographically dispersed.
e. Environment is stable.
3. What type of team…show more content…
________ is influence that's based on expertise, special skills, or knowledge.
a. Referent power
b. Expert power
c. Reward power
d. Legitimate power
e. Coercive power
18. Determining how to resolve conflict between group members is an important aspect of what function in managing a team?
19. ________ are the organisation's major value-creating skills, capabilities, and resources that determine the organisation's competitive advantage.
a. Cash cows
c. Core competencies
20. What is the ability to recognise major external environmental changes, to quickly commit resources, and to recognise when a strategic decision is not working?
a. an opportunity
b. strategic flexibility
c. strategic management
d. competitive advantage
e. instinctive management
21. According to path-goal theory, a leader who is friendly and shows concern for the needs of subordinates is termed ______
d. achievement oriented.
22. ________ is based on an individual's position in an organisation.
c. Informal power
d. Formal power
23. Managers' options for change essentially fall into what three categories?
a. mission, structure, and people
b. environment, technology, and mission
c. environment, attitudes, and processes
d. mission, environment, and process
e. structure, technology, and