Margaret Manely was a nice person but she was cheap when it came to spending money. Running a bake shop already cost her enough money she had no need to spend any more than necessary. While shopping the one day she realized that she could buy a cheaper flour for her bakery items. Of course she chose to buy and use this flour in all of her goods. She later found out that the flour was cheap because it wasn’t safety checked by the areas bakers association. This lowered the price by 5 pence a pound. Since it wasn’t safety checked, there was no guarantee of the safety, but anything to spare a penny was her motto.
Later that year a little boy’s birthday party was catered by her bake shop. The boy, Andrew Charles, was poisoned by an unknown ingredient