1. When was the first major standard describing a structured cabling system released? c. 1995
2. What doe EIA and TIA stand for? i. EIA – Electronics Industries Alliance ii. TIA – Telecommunications Industry Association 3. What are the three parts of the EIA/TIA 568-B standard? i. EIA/TIA-568-B.1: Commercial Cabling Standard, Master Document ii. EIA/TIA-568-B.2: Twisted-pair Media iii. EIA/TIA-568-B.3: Optical Fiber Cabling Standard
4. Identify the six subsystems of a structured cabling system. i. Building Entrance (Also called (EF) Entrance Facilities) ii. Equipment Room (ER) iii. Telecommunications Closet (Also …show more content…
21. What are the color maps and pin # assignments for T568A and T568B? i. T568A – White-Green/Green/White-Orange/Blue/White-Blue/Orange/White-Brown/Brown a. 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ii. T568B – White-Orange/Orange/Blue/White-Blue/Green/White-Green/White-Brown/Brown a. 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
22. What is the difference between T568A and T568B? i. They are just two different manufacturer standards used to wire the modular connector hardware. a. There is no performance improvement with either, just a color order choice. b. Industry tends to favor T568A wiring order; however, either order can be used as long as the order is maintained throughout the network.
23. How many wires are in a CAT6 twisted-pair cable? i. 8
24. How many wire pairs are in a CAT6 twisted-pair cable? i. 4
25. In regards to a CAT6 cable, what pin numbers in an RJ-45 connecter are used to carry data in a FastEthernet network?
26. What does an “X” on
Nt 2580 Project Part 21261 Words | 6 Pages
NT1230 introduction to networking | Case Study 3 | Unit 3 | | Brent Keith | 10/5/2011 | Rocki | Bridges are networking devices that can connect 2 local area networks (LAN). A bridge can learn all of the MAC addresses on the network, and this is done during the bridges data gathering phase. Basically a bridge will receive the data and analyze the address. The bridge will then pass the data on to the correct address. The ports on a bridge are in and out, but they are smart…
Gonzaga NT1230 Final Exam Study Guide2047 Words | 9 Pages
1.) PowerShell is an object-oriented programming language and interactive command line shell for Microsoft Windows. 2.) Windows 7 editions Windows 7, a major release of the Microsoft Windows operating system, was available in six different editions: Starter, Home Basic, Home Premium, Professional, Enterprise and Ultimate 3.) Default Windows Explorer libraries – contacts , desktop , downloads , dropbox , favorites , links , my music , my pictures , my videos , saved games , searches 4.) Windows…
Essay about NT1230 Chapter 7 Questions1169 Words | 5 Pages
NT1210 11/13/2013 Chapter 7 1. A user of a home telephone picks up her phone and makes a telephone call to a friend’s home telephone in another part of town. Which of the following is likely to be true about this call? A. It uses a single pair of wires on the local loop at each end of the call 2. Which of the following are services that telcos have offered as WAN services over the years? A. Switched analog circuits B. Dedicated digital circuits 3. This chapter claims that IP routers work…