Observation And Orientation Of The Gym

1144 Words5 Pages
Observation & Orientation Kids S.P.O.T. is located at 1955 N Federal Hwy, Pompano Beach, FL 33062. It is a pediatric outpatient clinic situated in the Pompano Citi Centre mall on the second floor. The clinic has nine treatment rooms in addition to a kitchen, a front office, a waiting room, two bathrooms, and a gym. The gym is full of exercising equipments, such as two bolsters, four tunnels, four peanut balls, and three round balls. There is four different types of swings, a slide, a shoe rack, a basketball hoop, a trampoline, and a large red mat on the floor where the physical therapists and the occupational therapists do their treatments. The gym is big enough for all the therapists to perform their treatments. There is a closet that…show more content…
The clients are from a multicultural background; therefore, there are no cultural preferences at the clinic everyone is treated equally with respect. At the clinic 95% of the clients have some types of autism spectrum disorder while the other 5 % have several types of diagnosis such as traumatic brain injury, down syndrome, spina bifida, fragile X, cerebral palsy, and developmental delay. The clinic served about one hundred clients or more on a daily basis. The fieldwork supervisor served from 10-18 clients on a daily basis. The clients are seen by the therapist professionals from 30-60 minutes depending on their payment plan. The clients should meet all goals upon discharge; however, it is not always the case because some of the clients get discharge for being over the age of 21. Some clients also get discharge because they have to go to school, while others might need to go somewhere else to seek help for special needs if the clinic cannot provide that need. If there is any concern after discharged, the client may return for a reevaluation. The client is a 17 month old male who has a developmental delay. The client primary diagnosis is Preterm NEC and Torticollis as a secondary diagnosis. The client is receiving occupational therapy, speech therapy, and physical therapy. For performance skills, the client has difficulties with fine and gross motor skills such as coordination, reaching, manipulating, endurance, stabilizing, grasping, and
Open Document