6th and 7th Grade Science
6th Grade Constructed Response
1. What are the three major classifications of rocks formed on Earth? Which one would you find fossils in and why would you find fossils in this rock. Explain how fossils form. (6.E.2.4)
You would find fossils in sedimentary rock
Layers of soil are laid down on dead animals or plants embalming them. The minerals replace the organic matter creating the fossil.
2. Describe how the revolution of the Earth around the sun affects the seasons. Give one example supporting your answer (6.E.1.1)
Revolution is defined as the orbital path a celestial body …show more content…
(7.L.1.2---not tested, but good practice)
Plasma membrane; skin or hands
4. List the organs that make up the pathway of food through the body from the digestive system. Describe in detail the purpose of the digestive system as a whole. (7.L.1.4---not tested, but good practice)
Mouth; Esophagus; Stomach; Small Intestines; Large Intestines; Colon
To take the nutrients into the body and process them so that the body can use the nutrients.
5. What are the three types of muscle tissues? Describe the different functions of each. Where might you find these different types of muscle tissue with in your body? (7.L.1.4---not tested, but good practice)
Answer: 3 types are skeletal, smooth, cardiac
Skeletal muscles allow the bones to move; smooth muscles aid in digestion; cardiac muscles pump blood throughout the body.
Skeletal is attached to bone; Smooth is located in the digestive system and in the walls of blood vessels; cardiac is only in the heart.
6. Explain the structure of the circulatory system (7.L.1.4---not tested, but good practice)
Heart—pump; veins—transport blood to heart; arteries—transport blood away from heart; capillaries—exchange
Discovering Vinland in a Viking Age2002 Words | 8 Pages
and religion. Leif Erikson was born of Norwegian descent around 970 AD in Iceland. He was the second of three sons of Erik the Red, an ambitious Viking who established a settlement in Greenland and named a lot of places he found along his voyage. (Phol 12) Erickson’s mother Thjodhild was an ordinary family woman. In contrast, Erickson’s grandfather, Thorvald Asvaldsson, who committed manslaughter and was exiled in 960 from Norway, on the other side, proved that a Viking tradition could really make…