Quiz Chapters 8-9 McKnight
Put all answers on your Scantron
Label the correct Köppen climate types for Charts 1 - 5. Use each of the following climate types only once.
A. Tropical Humid
C. Mild Mid-Latitude (Mesothermal)
D. Severe Mid-Latitude (Microthermal)
1. Chart 1 ____________________________________
2. Chart 2 ____________________________________
3. Chart 3 ____________________________________
4. Chart 4 ____________________________________
5. Chart 5 ____________________________________
Another designation for Mediterranean climate is __________.
a) dry subtropical
b) marine west coast
c) upland savanna
d)…show more content…
31) The Intertropical Convergence Zone is most closely associated with which of the Kőppen system's major climate types?
32) The one-year record rainfall took place in a ___________ climate type.
a) Humid continental
d) west coast marine
e) humid subtropical
33) Which of the following is NOT a climate type found in South America?
34) City A and City B are located 300 miles from one another and are the same latitude. City A has a much greater annual temperature range than City B. The most likely explanation for this fact is that City A
a) is lower in elevation than City B
b) has more moisture in the air than City B
c) is cloudier than City B
d) has more air pollution than City B
e) is in a more continental climate than City B
Choose Köppen climate types A, B, C, D, or E for the map of North
America (Map 1, above). Mark your Scantron with A, B, C, D, E, to indicate the correct climate type for each numbered