Plantar Fasciitis With Rehab : A Painful Foot Condition That Affects The Heel
1104 Words5 Pages
Plantar Fasciitis With Rehab
Plantar fasciitis is a painful foot condition that affects the heel. It occurs when the band of tissue that connects the toes to the heel bone (plantar fascia) becomes irritated. This can happen after exercising too much or doing other repetitive activities (overuse injury). The pain from plantar fasciitis can range from mild irritation to severe pain that makes it difficult for you to walk or move. The pain is usually worse in the morning or after you have been sitting or lying down for a while.
This condition may be caused by:
• Standing for long periods of time.
• Wearing shoes that do not fit.
• Doing high-impact activities, including running, aerobics, and ballet.
• Being overweight.
• Having tight calf muscles.
• Having high arches in your feet.
• Starting a new athletic activity.
The main symptom of this condition is heel pain. Other symptoms include:
• Pain that gets worse after activity or exercise.
• Pain that is worse in the morning or after resting.
• Pain that goes away after you walk for a few minutes.
This condition may be diagnosed based on your signs and symptoms. Your health care provider will also do a physical exam to check for:
• A tender area on the bottom of your foot.
• A high arch in your foot.
• Pain when you move your foot.
• Difficulty moving your foot.
You may also need to have imaging studies to confirm the diagnosis. These