Relationship Between Homeostasis Maintenance And The Body And How Homeostatic Challenges Are Expressed

1920 Words8 Pages
In this assignment I will be discussing homeostatic principals and discussing the relationship between homeostasis maintenance specifically physiologic growth and the body and how homeostatic challenges are expressed in the body. Homeostasis refers to metabolic balance maintained by several processes. The human body has several examples of homeostasis. Homeostasis is maintained within the body by a complex series of organs and organ systems, they work together to keep the body functioning correctly, when the equilibrium within the body is maintained, homeostasis occurs, the body maintains a steady internal environment for proper functioning. There 2 feedback loops positive and negative positive feedback, almost all homeostatic control…show more content…
Insulin reduces glucose concentration, while cortisol and catecholamine and glucagon increase glucose concentration. The bones and teeth contain 99 %of the calcium in the body, the other 1% circulates in the blood. Too much calcium in the blood and too little calcium in the blood both have negative effects. If blood calcium levels decrease too much, the parathyroid glands activate their calcium-sensing receptors and release parathyroid hormone. PTH signals the bones to release calcium to increase the amount of calcium in the bloodstream. If calcium levels increase too much, the thyroid gland releases calcitonin and fixes more calcium in the bones. This decreases the amount of calcium in the blood. The body has to maintain a constant internal environment, which means it must regulate the loss and gain of fluid. Hormones help to regulate this balance by causing the excretion or retention of fluid. If the body does not have enough fluid, antidiuretic hormone signals the kidneys to retain fluid and decrease urine output. If the body has too much fluid, it suppresses aldosterone and signals the excretion of more urine. Another one of the most common examples of homeostasis in humans is the regulation of body temperature. Normal body temperature is 37 degrees C or. Temperatures high above or below these normal levels cause serious complications. Muscle failure occurs at a temperature of 28 degrees C. At 33 degrees C, loss of

More about Relationship Between Homeostasis Maintenance And The Body And How Homeostatic Challenges Are Expressed

Open Document