Research Essay3.the Decisions We Make as Individuals Have a Significant Impact on the Environment.
777 Words4 Pages
Section 4 Assignment: Part 2
To be truly information literate, you need to understand how information is produced, the forms information comes in, and where to locate information sources. You need to be able to evaluate sources and select the best ones for your purposes. And finally, you need to be able to clearly communicate your research results. As you are guided through this assignment, you will complete all of these tasks. Your end result will be a well-researched and articulate essay on one of the three topics about which you have read in this module.
Conduct research for, and write a research essay on a topic related to one of the three previous sections of Module 1:
1. Over time, our conceptions of…show more content…
4. Do I already know of some resources I can access for any of these topics?
With these questions in mind, please select a topic from one of the three choices listed previously, and include it in your Research Essay Preparation Template.
Next, define a subject within the topic that you’ve chosen that you will write about. Once you have narrowed your research focus, write the topic and subject within your topic in a clear statement in your Research Essay Preparation Template. This will guide your next steps, as everything you look for and everything you write must relate to this specific focus.
Step B: Gather Your Information
Remember the stages of research:
1. Look at print resources and non-print resources, critically analyzing sources for their quality of material Use your critical reading skills!
2. Balance the use of primary and secondary resources (this means first hand and second hand information).
3. Take detailed notes from resources.
4. Collect bibliographic information from sources.
5. Organize and condense notes into a manageable form.
Step C: Write Your Research Essay
You will need to include the following:
• A completed outline • Evidence of a first draft • A final draft of your essay, 750-1000 words long (approximately 3-4 pages of text) • Your list of Works Cited should be included on an additional page. • Your essay must address ONE of the three topics in a multi-paragraph form, including