Research Results : Mccombs Students ' Knowledge And Interest On Social Enterprise As A Possible Future Career Choice

926 WordsNov 12, 20154 Pages
PRIMARY RESEARCH RESULTS The results of this research indicate McCombs students’ knowledge and interest in social enterprise as a possible future career choice, whether or not they are aware of where or how to locate resources regarding social enterprise, and if they believe McCombs offers these types of resources. The research results presented below fall under the category of primary research. The primary research collected consisted of 217 survey responses and 12 in-person interviews. The participants were all McCombs students with several different majors. Around 48% of the participants were sophomores, and the remaining 52% were freshmen, juniors, and seniors. The large number of sophomores who participated in the survey is valuable information for Impact Hub Austin because McCombs sophomores are trying to pick a major and are looking towards their future, making them very impressionable. The surveys and interviews analyzed similar questions. However, the interviews allowed for a collection of more in depth responses, and allowed participants to answer the question of why they had particular perceptions. Knowledge The one of the first questions in the survey tested the knowledge of participants about social enterprise. About 59% of the 217 respondents said that they did not know what a social enterprise was. This question provides one of the reasons for why students do not go to work or volunteer for social enterprises. Although a majority of respondents claimed

More about Research Results : Mccombs Students ' Knowledge And Interest On Social Enterprise As A Possible Future Career Choice

Open Document