Essay on Roberts Questions To Exercises Chapter 3 SAP Classic Rockers
718 Words3 Pages
Questions about PP01 (Worth Six Points in Total):
1) (1 point) In this exercise, you create MRP views for your raw material, Wood Kit. The following screen shows the result after performing the first five steps of this exercise. Note that the following fields are already populated: Material Description; Plant; Base Unit of Measure; and Purchasing Group. Also note the message at the bottom of the screen.
The message at the bottom of the screen means that a master record for Wood Kit already exists and will now be extended (i.e., expanded) to include further data regarding MRP.
In which previous exercise did you create your Wood Kit, and what views were created in that exercise?
2) (2 point) Note on the screenshot on the previous…show more content… Step #5 requires you to enter your order number from PP09. See the screenshot below. The order number that should have been entered is 1000000. Note the error message that results from leaving off a zero.
Based on the error message shown, what kind of application control is present on the “Order” field? Explain.
2) (1 point) What kind of control is this control procedure – a preventive or detective control? Explain.
3) (1 point) Step #7 of the exercise requires you to enter the storage location for each material used to produce Rocker.
From which MM exercise did you initially assign Cushion and Wood Kit to their respective storage locations referred to in this exercise?
Question about PP14 (Worth 3 Point):
1) In this exercise, you viewed the settlement of costs to finished goods and manufactured output settlement. As noted in the exercise, each should be for $42,000.
Identify the respective MM and PP exercises and associated step numbers that prove $42,000 is the correct amount that should have been recorded to both finished goods and manufactured output settlement. A proper explanation to this question is evidence of understanding the integration of modules, such as MM with PP, as well as activities within a module such as PP, which improves the efficiency and effectiveness of an organization’s value chain.