Sample Resume On Rt 240 Clinical Specialty Areas / Comprehensive
756 Words4 Pages
Alexis F. Bersabe
Concorde Career College
RT 240 Clinical Specialty Areas/ Comprehensive Review
Mr. J. Roper, M.Ed., RRT
July 20, 2015
Overall view of Codeine
● Codeine Sulfate (Tablets)
● Not Available
● Roxane Laboratories, Inc.
● Opiate (Narcotic)
● During the absorption of Codeine by the GI tract, maximum plasma concentration can occur 60 minutes post of administration.
● The metabolization stage, cytochrome P450 is the major enzyme that is responsible for conversion of codeine to morphine (US.NLM, 2014).
Drug Interactions o Total of 756 drugs are known to interact with codeine. Codeine may be expected to have additive effects when used together with; alcohol, other opioids, or illicit drugs that cause CNS depression, Respiratory depression, hypotension, or profound sedation (Rxlist, 2011). e.g.: o Narcan o Acetaminophen
● Salts of heavy metals
Safety during pregnancy
● Codeine has been assigned to pregnancy category C by the FDA. o Codeine rapidly crosses the placenta, and is the only narcotic analgesic which has shown statistically significant association with teratogenicity (involving respiratory tract malformations). o Codeine should only be given during pregnancy when benefit outweighs risk. (US.NLM, 2014)