Search Engine Optimization (SEO) is an online marketing strategy that is used to improve the quality and content of web pages. SEO may target different kinds of search, including image search, local search, video search, academic search, news search and industry-specific vertical search engines. SEO is a set of rules that can be followed by web site (or blog) owners to optimize their web sites for search engines and thus improve their search engine rankings. In addition it is also a great way to increase the quality of their web sites by making them user- friendly, faster and easier to navigate. SEO can also be considered as a framework since the whole process has a number of rules, a number of stages and a set of controls. SEO considers…show more content… SEO is not a static process but rather a framework with rules and processes. For simplicity though SEO can be broken down into 2 main stages:
1. On-site SEO and
2. Off-site SEO
Importance of Search Engine Optimization:
• Search Engine Optimization is not only for search engine it also improve the user experience and usability of a web site.
• The majority of search engines users are more likely to choose one of the top 5 suggestions in the results page so to take advantage of this and gain visitors to the web site or customers to the on-line store and need to rank as higher as possible.
• SEO can put the company ahead of the competition. If two web sites are selling the same thing, the search engine optimized web site is more likely to have more customers and make more sales.
• SEO is also good for the social promotion of the web site. People who find the web site by searching Google or Yahoo are more likely to promote it on Facebook, Twitter, Google+ or other social media channels.
• User’s trust search engines and having a presence in the top positions for the keywords the user is searching increases the web site’s trust.
• SEO is also important for the smooth running of a big web site. Web sites with more than one author can benefit from SEO in a direct and indirect way. Their direct benefit is increase in search engine traffic and their indirect benefit is having a common framework (checklists) to use before publishing content on the site.