Should We Reduce The Amount Of Rattus On The Bay Of Plenty?
1323 Words6 Pages
What Should We Do To Reduce The Amount Of Rattus In The Bay Of Plenty?
Rattus have been a problem in Bay Of Plenty for many years now. Something should happen to reduce the amount of Rattus to minimum. This report is going to have some solutions to control the population of Rattus in the Bay Of Plenty. The Rattus can be controlled by the pest controllers and the Bay Of Plenty Regional Council. The solutions include putting down a lot of rat traps and using 1080 poison.
Rattus also known as rats are in the Murids family and Rattus are nocturnal so that means the mostly come out at night. The most common rats in the Bay Of Plenty are Roof rats also known as the Black rat and the Norway rat also known as the Brown rat. The Roof rat…show more content… Salmonella infection is a common bacterial disease that affects the intestinal tract. Salmonella bacteria typically live in animal and human intestines and are shed through feces. Humans become infected most frequently through contaminated water or food. The symptoms of this disease are Depression, Dehydration and rough body coat, Distended/swollen abdomen, Diarrhea and weight loss, Spontaneous abortion (in pregnant rats), Fatal (in most cases). The other disease is Leptospirosis. The definition of Leptospirosis is an infectious disease of humans and of horses, dogs, swine, and other animals, caused by the spirochete Leptospira interrogates and characterized by fever, muscle pain, and jaundice, and in severe cases involving the liver and kidney. The symptoms of Leptospirosis are a high temperature (fever) that is usually between 38C and 40C, chills, sudden headaches, nausea and vomiting, loss of appetite, muscle pain, particularly affecting the muscles in the calves and lower back. One other way rats effect humans is there bait. Warfarin is a medicine that is used as a blood thinner and a component of rat poisoning this is used in the warfarin medicine to make your blood thinner. Symptoms of rat poisoning may occur even if it is not ingested. When rat poisoning is ingested your nose may start to bleed uncontrollably and cut may take longer to clot, and you’ll probably start to notice that you bruise easily it may even occur when you are wearing a watch, ring or