Quiz 1 Study Guide
Towns: Chapter I
What does “prolegomena” mean? Things that were said before.
What are the three presuppositions of prolegomena?
1: There is a God. 2: Truth exist. 3: A person can know the truth.
What is the contemporary usage of the word “theology?” The science of religion or doctrine of the church.
What is catechism? The study of theology stimulated by questions.
What are five presuppositions for the task of theologizing?
1.there is a God and he has revealed himself. 2. That there are laws that are self-evident. 3. That man has the ability to know things to the degree to which he directly observes them. 4. That truth does not contradict itself,but is consistent and corresponds to reality. And 5. That the…show more content…
Apply practical life things contributed by other three departments of theology.
What is the theology of Scriptures called?
What are the six uses for reason?
1. To recognize and receive truth. 2. To interpret truth. 3. The accept amd confirm the evidence that supports truth. 4. To correlate truth with other truth. 5. To apply truth. 6. To defend truth.
What are the four tools for accurately arranging a systematic theology?
1. Inspired revelation. 2 Faith. 3. Language. 4. History. 5.
What four questions must we ask about faith?
1. Is the present day Christian faith in harmony with and growing out of that continuous faith of Christians found in the New Testament? 2. Is your faith available to all individuals? 3. Is private faith based on objective faith? 4. Are the symbols of one’s faith meaningful?
What six factors can limit our theology?
1. Human Understanding. 2. Language. 3. Ignorance of Scripture. 4. The Silence of God.
5. The Nature of Science. 6. Spiritual Blindness.
Towns: Chapter II
What is revelation? The act wherby God gives is knowledge about himself which we could not otherwise know.
What is inspiration? The supernatural guidance of the writers of scripture by the spirit of God wherby they wrote the divine word of God, transcribed accurately and reliably.
What is inerrancy? Recognizes thatwhat God revealed and inspired is accurate, reliable, authoritative and without error.