The Affordable Care Act And African Americans

1098 Words Sep 18th, 2015 5 Pages
Healthcare
On March 23, 2010, President Obama signed the Affordable Care Act. The law puts in place comprehensive health insurance reforms that will roll out over four years and beyond. There are many parts to this healthcare act but I am just going to focus on a few I find the most relevant. The first topic I am going to cover is how the Health Care Law benefits us as people. The law lays this out by having a better value for us as people, having a stronger Medicare program, promising to provide us better health care with better options to choose from than what we were receiving. The next thing I would like to discuss is The Affordable Care Act and African Americans. Making health care affordable for African Americans as well as other ethnic minorities is major priority seeing as African Americans suffer from the highest rates of a range of illnesses compared to the general population. I will also discuss the way that the affordable health care act will affect our young adults.
The new health care laws can benefit all of us in different ways. When the act was put into place 85 percent of Americans had health insurance leaving the other 15 percent without any form of insurance. As the law’s implementation continues, they’re ensuring that all Americans have access to affordable, quality health coverage that leads to better value, better health, and better choices. To protect the consumers there will be no cancellation of coverage because you become ill or even if you make…
Open Document