The Controversy Of Transgender Bathroom

Decent Essays
Mr/Mrs Chief Justice, and may it please the Court: where do we draw the line? While the current debate is about transgender bathroom usage, it could open a pandora’s box of problems. Should everyone get their own bathroom? Why should one person’s discomfort take precedent to everyone else’s right to comfort? In America, there are 700,000 people whom identify as transgender. This equates to 0.3% of our population. Why should the tyranny of the minority overrule the other 99.7% of our citizen’s right to privacy? CONVICTED FELONS have the right of protection from unnecessary exposure to the opposite sex, shouldn’t young innocent children have the same privilege? While nondiscrimination laws have pure intentions, they can be taken to unreasonable
Get Access